1. My hair really, really hates Shea Butter products...period! It makes my hair super oily and my scalp itchy. No bueno! I found this especially odd considering that Shea Moisture products saved my life during my transition and the first two months of full-fledged naturalness.
2. All natural products are my dearest friends. They keep my hair and skin happy which is a blessing.
3. Deep conditioners are not a necessary evil. Let me clarify that...store bought DC's are not necessary. My curls totally dig puréed banana, honey, and Jojoba oil homemade deep conditioner.
4. I don't need to deep condition every week even in winter. My hair isn't short on moisture, and buildup can be a beast.
5. I can protect my hair without it taking forever to put into a fancy style that won't last a week. Sister/rope twists in the very front and back make for a stylish and protective style.
6. Henna can be a blessing and a curse.
7. Rinse out conditioners are not a must for me as long as I have a detangling leave-in conditioner handy.
8. Deep treatments are most effective when done before I cleanse.